Thursday, July 16, 2009

Playing with Food

The reason that I call myself a “minor artist” stems, originally, from the fact that I love to learn new things, but seldom stick with them long enough to perfect my knowledge of them. But there is another reason: I create events from minor ideas. Yes, in English that means I make mountains out of molehills.

A few days ago a friend brought me peaches, lemons, cucumbers, and basil from his garden; I converted one of the cucumbers and a bunch of basil into ideas, then I made the ideas into images. I played with my food, I suppose. Not to worry though; I did chop and mix most of the basil into pesto and sliced most of the cucumber into salad. Of course sweet peaches, freshly picked from a tree, have to be eaten quickly or they spoil. No photographs. No problem. The last few I cooked into a compote to go with my morning oatmeal. The lemons accompany my afternoon tea. Now back to the minor ideas.

Idea 1. Some creatures prefer a bed of basil
over a bed of roses.
Idea 2. Even if you are blue a bunch of
basil can cheer you up.

Idea 3. Deeminor wants to share his
cucumber salad with
Bear Number 116

A light breeze of basil still wafts through the house as I am writing this. The pale lavender flowers on their ruby stalks sit on my kitchen table. One last picture for the day.

No comments: