Thursday, July 23, 2009

Garden Variety

I took these Bears into the garden after I finished them. It seemed to be the thing to do, since I divided my time this morning between snipping herbs, picking tomatoes, watering flowers, knitting, stuffing, and "facing" Bears.

I wanted the first thing they would see to be a sunny world, a world of beauty and of growth. So often the things we see and hear about are those of loss, of shrinking values, of shrinking resources, and of shrinking opportunities.

I believe that in the face of shrinking values we have to stay strong.

In the face of shrinking resources we have to replenish and redistribute what is available.

In the face of shrinking opportunities we have to seek new ones.

All this I see much clearer when I am in the garden, and I wanted my hopes to be imprinted into my Bears while their faces are still young.

Bear Number 124



Bear Number 123


Bear Number 122



Bear Number 121




Bear Number 120






No comments: