Saturday, May 1, 2010

Head Start



I haven't finished Bears 161 to 174. They are still empty shells. But Bear 175 is finished. I used her as a project on Ravelry, started her on April 30 and finished her this morning.The mockingbird woke me at 6:30; I think he is trying to get a head start with practicing his song.He can now sing "tui tui twee tw:" it happens after every fourth "tui tui twee," and he seems surprised every time. He hesitates before he begins again.I imagine him sitting on the tip of the pine tree, frowning, maybe scratching his head, saying to himself: "Wow! I think I'm getting better at this!"

After half an hour of this birdbrain activity I got up to survey my shades of brown and beige yarn - leftovers from other Bears. Buff and Honey and Taupe and Coffee and Cafe and Chocolate and Linen. Enough to give me a head start on a few Bears. Later heads and bodies can be grafted together with a "Three Needle Bind Off." I found this expression online as I pondered a name for the activity of holding two unfinished pieces together - right sides touching - and binding them off into one piece.

No comments: