Friday, February 25, 2011

Bear 222 - Lederhosen Lad


           Meet Friedrich, one of the two boys in The Sound of Music. I have visions of knitting the whole group and posing them on a mountain. Or on a staircase. Luckily there are five girls and only two boys - the boys are harder to make; I spent 15 hours on this one; usually it takes me six to seven hours for a boy. There were a lot of extras involved: color outline stitching of seams, twirling of headband, flossing of Edelweiss, crocheting of buttons - seven buttons. And always, between knitting sessions, a lot of staring at photographs of Lederhosen and thinking of thoughts that transfer the ideas from photo to Bear.
         While I am not too happy about the hat - the brim is a bit too wavy and the cone shape is not perfectly executed - I think that the overall picture does show a little boy in Muchich.
          So, two done - Liesl and Friedrich -  five to go:  Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta, Gretl.

No comments: