Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Basil, Beet, Broccoli, Bean, and Brussel Sprout Bears


 
  It all started with my discovery of Greek Yogurt. I tried several kinds and compared calories, sodium content, protein, carbs etc. Since the nonfat kind is best for my health I tried to spruce it up a bit, but all I could find was a jar of basil. Thus "Basil to the Rescue."

That same day I thought about the color green, and after digging through my stash I found exactly what I needed to knit bears in shades of green with a bit of red mixed in. Staying true to the B-List I only picked greens that start with the letter B. There are several -, broccoli green, brussels sprouts green, bean green, and, of course, basil green. And red beets. I pulled out an old photo of a bunch of basil a friend had brought me last year and loved the red of the basil blossoms. And finally, I knitted five bears in shades of green.

Yes, this group of bears has a simple beginning - a tube of basil.and some  veggies. And I have come to love Greek yogurt as dessert, but now I add blueberries and bananas to it,.


                                                                                       









No comments: