Saturday, August 10, 2013

Wait for me!


"Wait for me!"
The request came from the bottom of the bag on the kitchen chair.
When I pushed aside a big yellow yarn ball and a skein of hot pink I discovered a flat, faceless Bear.





True to my irreparable impatience I had already decided on a new color scheme and though there is plenty of ice cream colored yarn left and I am sure a few more stripe patterns are tumbling around in my brain, I was done with Gelato. When a new thought strikes I usually run with it.
"Where is everybody?"
"The project is closed. Why were you hiding?"
"I wasn't hiding. You tossed me in the bag because you couldn't decide on the color of my scarf."
"Well, let's sew you up and give you a face. I'm sorry I forgot about you. I'll make you a pink scarf and give you a flower and a headband."
"Will you take my picture in the Piazza?
"Of course. And I will announce you as

Juliette - Bear Number 269



No comments: