Saturday, March 7, 2015

#whitecinnamon - A Disturbance at the Museum

#whitecinnamon

The first Art Bears have found their way into the museum. Jackson, as planned, was the first one to arrive. He is tall, very enthusiastic, and a great "Muse for a Day." I tried to give his body the same feel as his hat, which meant I had to leave some loose ends and had to weave them up and down and across, just to get rid of the normal orderliness of knitting. Jackson Pollock, after all, is known for splashing his paint around.






Next came Linnea. I think Linnea is delightful. I love her story "Linnea in Monet's Garden" and in order to create her in the image of the original in the book, I gave her some black Hair. To allow her to bring some of Monet's color to the museum I let her pick flowers in the garden. That's why her apron pocket is overflowing.







After Linnea there was a disturbance in the line-up. Mini Me interrupted, she insisted on trying on all the hats, and was standing in front of the mirror for the longest time.






Of course I didn't finish her yet; because ..... somebody else showed up, totally unexpected.
Cinnamon barged into my world in an unorthodox three tiered white dress and the demand to be included in the museum trip. She is nobody's muse and therefore there is no official painting that she follows. But I allowed her in, along with her hand-written statement. She is only eleven. She is a photographer and she is a child of the modern world. She made her intention to be part of the group known by announcing it on Twitter under #whitecinnamon - giving her name as Cinnamon White and her art as photography.
Which made me ask myself the question "is photography art." To which she only shrugged her shoulders. I decided to ignore my own thoughts for now.






Only one more muse has arrived since then, her name is Marcia. A Marc Chagall enthusiast.



There is still a variety of hats available and I must keep on knitting in order to fill them with Bears. Who will be next? I will let you know soon.

No comments: