Saturday, May 21, 2016

Long Pause and Plenty of Bears

It has been quite some time since I posted last. I have knitted many bears and other things which have not been recorded here.
So, for now, I just want to catch up with photos, before I write again.
Bear 412 was the last one I showed; he was the last of a group of bears I gave Syrian names to honor little Alan Kurdi who drowned at the edge of the Mediterranean.

The next group, #413 to #421, I named "Body and Soul Mates."
Bears 422 to 436 are grouped into "Life isn't just Black and White."
Some after this were called "Ginger Bread," followed by bears with literary names, and ten bears named Ellen honoring a Ravelry friend, Ellen Cosby, who passed away. The rest is named after people in the Andrews family. My sister-in-law, Pat Andrews, is sponsoring all my bears from now on and I wanted her to explore the family tree for a while.

My goal for this year is to have Bear 500 ready by Christmas.

And here they are, the bears made since October 2015, the bears that saw the decline of my health, my use of a cane, and my dogged insistence that life is still good and bears bring joy to me and the children who will befriend them.

Bear 413 - Corey



Bear 414 - Cami



Bear 415 - Cindy



Bear 416 - Colette



Bear 417 - Clayton


Bear 418 - Carol



Bear 419 - Cleo


Bear 420 - Candy



Bear 421 - Clara


Bear 422 - Martin



Bear 423 - Jürgen



Bear 424 - Malala


Bear 425 - Desmond


Bear 426 - Weiwei


To be continued .....

No comments: