Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ogle Earth



While the girls became acquainted with each other Samy retreated into his house. He should have closed the door to shut out the giggling for a while, but curiosity made him listen to the chatter. Besides, it didn’t happen often that he had company Just then they were speculating on the whereabouts of the lost drum.

“I bet it rolled down the hill and sank in a ditch full of water.”

“I don’t think so. It probably just dropped off the wagon at the edge of the road.”

“Yeah. Somebody’ll pick it up and take it home and use it for other stuff.”

“I left mine at my grandmother’s one time and she used it for a dust bin.”

“My sister will find it. But I think she’s mad at me because I’m not helping to pull the wagon. I told her I had to be here early; then I just left. And now she’s all alone out there.

“Young ladies, listen!” Samy stood by the door and announced his plan to find the steel drum. “I’ll check the area and see if I can spot it. Ursa installed Live Webcams alongside the road; now I can survey the neighborhood on my computer with Ogle Earth; it is like a map except that everything appears in real-time.”

“Can we watch?”

“Sure. Help me bring the desk out here and we’ll get started right away.”

No comments: