Thursday, April 17, 2008

Reality Check List


The garbanzo bean can (steel drum) rescue took place on the hill behind my house.
The Webcam is actually my Olympus digital.
No Bears were harmed during the rescue.
Even though I had to climb up and down the hill many times,
I came away with only a few scrapes and a small cut on my finger.
I forgot to take scotch tape up the hill.
I needed scissors.
To let the frog be involved in the rescue was an afterthought and I had to go back down in the house and get him.
I made the story up as I went along and soon needed rope.
Then I had to get the rake from the shed because there were too many pine needles on the ground.
I cut myself when I tried to pull grass out by the root.
Needed the pruning shears.
The Garbanzo Bean can rolled into the underbrush twice.
The frog fell off his perch three times.
While I tried very hard not to let the Bears get dirty -I gave them footpads to stand on – Bear number forty-two did fall over once and later hand-washed her white skirt by squeezing it with a washcloth. She had to hang by one ear overnight. (She claims it didn’t hurt. O.K. this is not really true; this part is imagined.)
All in all this was the most difficult shoot so far.
Bears forty-three and forty-four (the strangers who rescued the drum - pardon me, the last two Bears who posed as rescuers of the garbanzo bean can) had only received their faces on Wednesday morning. I was done with picture taking by two-thirty in the afternoon.
I missed lunch and had to snack on bean salad again.
Since Sunday five cans of beans had to be opened and hammered to resemble 55 gallon steel drums.
As for the imaginary steelband, it needs a name. I might have come up with one. The labels on the cans might be part of the story.
I reserve the right to change my mind.
Now I am going to bed.

No comments: