Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rainy Season is Now Over


It seems I have played around with “Purple Rain and Lavender Pillows” for some time. Finally, this morning, I stood by the window and whipped out six faces. They eyes on one of them are rather big, and some of the mouths are not smiling the way I wanted them to, but people’s faces don’t all look the same either. I am glad I found my extra long sewing needle and can now thread the yarn all the way to the back of the neck where I can tie a triple knot that is hidden under the scarf. My technique is getting better even if the faces don’t improve.

For the photograph of the “Faces of the Purple Rain” I found a lovely background, half a sheet in colors that are compatible with the bears. Then I sprayed purple water from a Windex bottle onto a sheet of glass. In front of the glass I taped an old Halloween spider web and when the purple water dripped too fast I dipped my finger in Vaseline and dotted the glass to slow down the runs. I tied the six new bears together so they would look like a bunch of kids trying to look out the window. The rain would have looked better if I had had an assistant. By the time I snapped the first picture the water beads had dripped down to the table. Eventually the glass was quite streaked with watercolor and after about ten shots I couldn’t see the bears any more. But I love the way the colors swirl together.

Tomorrow I’ll post the final photo for this group. It will be a sequel to the one with the stand-in bear (number thirteen) and the big pile of yarn. Now there will be six new bears instead of the yarn balls. Metamorphosis?

After that? Maybe a musical number.

No comments: