Saturday, March 8, 2008

Alpaca Socks in Transit


Friday, February 29, 2008

I am going to meet my granddaughter for lunch today and will take the alpaca socks on the train with me. I love small projects with short needles when I travel. Less of a chance to poke other travelers. Last night I read up on alpaca; as a matter of fact, I read a lot of web sites to get an idea what's going on in the world of knitting. I was surprised by the amount of knitting blogs. I have knitted for sixty years, most of the time by myself, and didn't know that knitting has become so fashionable. Group knits. Charity knits. Cross country blogs. Blogging knit book authors. Stores with blogs. I'm thrilled. And I should have realized that knitting is "In" when I began to read the blog from a local knit shop. I only visit it once in a while because I'm a bit afraid of spending too much money on yarn. My monthly budget is easily ruined by a couple of colorful yarn displays.

No comments: