Thursday, March 13, 2008

Who's Next? Let's Ask the Pink Girl!


The bears had a discussion this morning, about my counting method. Today is my PIT stop day and I have decided to just ignore the order I have imposed myself (numbering by first stitch) and not number anybody until all three almost done bears are finished. Several bears said they want a conference with the "pink girl" to decide who is next. The "pink girl" is my companion Tyana J LittleString, the bear that travels with me and shows up frequently in photographs of famous sites. She knows how I sometimes suspend rules, and she sees herself as negotiator between me and the "project bears."


"I'm a bear," she says, "and you're not."


A PIT stop day is a "Putting It Together" day, my attempt at cleaning up the mess on my kitchen table. Right now, besides the daffodils and candles, there are the three unfinished bears, six or seven balls of purplish and lavender yarn, an assortment of browns and beiges, extra knitting needles, a crochet hook, a big-eyed sewing needle, black yarn for facial features, scissors, fishing line (to suspend a bear in the air for yesterday's photograph) a pencil, a black marker, scotch tape (the last three have been there for at least four days) and two clothespins. Clothespins are very important in my life. But more about them tomorrow.


Once the clean-up is done I'll address "the pink girl" who is also waiting for two t-shirts I am supposed to knit for her. And I promise to number bears thirteen, fourteen, and fifteen before the day is over.

No comments: