Saturday, March 8, 2008

Group Photo


Thursday, March 6, 2008

I am developing an exercise program for my bear-making project. Besides walking the living room and kitchen while knitting for at least a mile a day, I also try different exercises when winding yarn. I stand on one leg for as long as I can. Each ball I wind takes about three hundred arm turns and I have made it up to 70 turns while standing on one leg. I guess I am not in as good a shape as I had thought. I used to do yoga and could stand much longer. But then I would concentrate on a spot on the wall while imagining a meadow. Now I count, wave my arms, become impatient with knots, stare at CNN's anchors. However, it is important to do some exercise every day when I work eight hours on this kind of project. I've seen a few "crippled" craft people who don't leave the house except to get supplies.
Today is finish-up day. Last night I knitted number seven and this morning I put him together. Then I knitted two scarves, one for number seven and one for number six. It is overcast outside and I'll only take a group picture for now.
Just got back from Beverly's Fabrics with a two pound bag of polyester fiberfill, a set of #7 bamboo needles, and a skein of Red Heart Kids' yarn, the missing lime green. I spent almost twenty-five dollars but I am quite happy because now I have the proper needles and enough stuffing for quite a few bears. How many, I wonder?

Gradually I am gettting a range of bamboo needles together and when I have all the sizes I normally need, I will give the metal needles away. I do remember how much my mother suffered and how she could barely lift her arms sometimes. She too was obsessed with knitting.

Now I am going to start bear number eight. I am looking forward to using the bright red yarn I bought yesterday and the lime green from today. Add to this some orange and you have a lovely bear outfit.

No comments: