Saturday, March 8, 2008

Knitting my Way onto the Information Superhighway



Now that I've spent most of the day transferring my journal notes onto this blog, I have lost the daylight to take a picture of bears eight, nine, and ten in their various states of completion.

This morning I played around with some statistics. My theory is that once a project becomes routine, one has to figure ways to reinvigorate it. These are just some of the things I want to keep track of. How much yarn does it take to make 100 bears? How much stuffing? How much time does it take? And how much does it cost?

I already have a general idea on how many stitches it takes. Between 500,000 and 600,000. I used bear number ten to count rows and stitches. I know it takes me between six and seven hours to knit a bear, another two to finish it. Yes, I know, I dawdle when I finish. My mind is usually already on the next one. More statistics? I've walked eleven miles while knitting ten bears. I intend to increase my daily knit-walking to two miles per bear average.

Because I didn't take any pictures today I will add a photograph of some of the dolls from my previous project. And tomorrow I will be back on track with the knitting and the photographing.

No comments: